Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Big Change.....

for the better. I have no idea if there are any guys out there who might read my blog. If you are a guy and you do, and you are a bit squemish reading about "womanly stuff", you might choose not to read this post.

There, fair warning has been given.

I just spent the last month being disposable free. And, I loved it!!!!!!

These 2 companies - LunaPads & DivaCup - have changed the way I personally deal with my period (there I said it) forever. I love that they are both Canadian companies & I love that LunaPads has this program for girls in developing countries.

Now, don't get me wrong, I still hate having my period - just like I always have. But, I feel better about my choices, and here's the reasons why I made the switch:

#1. My cost. I'm trying really hard to spend less and save more. Previously, I was spending about $20 - $25 a month on disposable products. With a minimal investment, I'm set for the next 5 - 10 years. That's a HUGE savings for my family.

#2. My environmental impact. With the amount of garbage I was throwing away every month, making this switch has reduced it to nothing. That's a BIG deal to me. I'm slowly trying to make more and more conscious decisions that help the earth in all ways.

#3. My body. In all the research I've been doing I've realized that using disposable products might not be good for my body. Too many chemicals are used in the making of them & I don't want or need them that close to my most delicate parts. I'm hoping that over the next few months there will be a difference in the period "yucky's" - cramps, bloating and headaches.

#4. They're so stinkin' cute!!! Really - just look at some of the pretty designs!!


It's nice to be able to pick what you want to wear isn't it??

So there you have it - my period "makeover". Not too personal right?? If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. If you've never considered making this kind of switch, I encourage you to ask yourself why not?

Have a beautiful day!



No comments: