Sunday, July 16, 2017

Where has July gone???

We're already halfway through July???
How did that go so quick??

Halfway through July means that CSI has a new case up for you to solve!! Here's the case file :


I chose not to make a page for this one, but if you're interested in participating, you can grab more details here : Case #234. Don't forget that by participating, there's lots of great prizes to be won over at CSI, plus you'll be joining in with a really great community of crafty people! I hope you'll come play with us!


Even though I didn't create with Case #234, I do have a layout to share with you today.

A long time scrappy friend of mine has three small people in her house, a professional photography business to run, and no time to be crafty anymore. When we chatted over messenger about it, I offered to make some pages for her, and she sent me photos via email. This page is the third of three, and I think my very favorite of them all!!


Isn't she just beautiful?? I loved the quiet softness of these photos, and how girly they felt. The colour palette that I pulled from the photos are just so appealing to me right now and the papers all came from one of my favorite, now defunct companies, Basic Grey. The line that I used is called "Barista", and I think it is the best collection they've ever made. I used the 6x6 paper pad for this layout.

To create the background, I took pieces of some of the papers, matching cardstock and some washi tape from my stash; layering and piecing them together. In thinking about it afterwards, it probably would have been easier to adhere all those strips and pieces to a 12x12 piece of plain cardstock to start with, but I did not. Next time I will remember.

Here's some closeups :


Under the photo I used a 4x12 piece of polka dot velum with the end rolled and tied for an interesting design element. I love the softness that velum can bring to a layout and that's why I added it here.


The little badge that you see on the photos comes from this little Etsy shop : Accent Scrapbooking par kjkareen. I found her shop when she offered a prize over at CSI and I happened to win it before becoming a member of the DT. She has some really great badges and I would encourage you to check her shop out!!

Also here you can see the round kraft journaling spot under the photo, which came from the Etsy shop of the friend I made the page for. She isn't operating the shop anymore, but I thought it fitting to try and get some of her product on the page, plus the design and colour totally suited the feel of the layout.


And here, a closeup of the floral cluster in the right hand top corner of the layout. In digging through my stash I found some florals that matched the colour of the ones in the photo almost perfectly, so, even though I don't usually work much with flowers, I felt the layout had to have some. The "leaves" here are actually just one - a maple leaf that I folded to make it look more like the leaf of a flower instead of the leaf of a tree. The flower itself is actually two, with the bottom one cut to layer it under the top one better. Here you can also see the lace tape that I added at the last minute - another girly touch that worked well with the photos.

Not going to lie, and maybe somewhat selfishly, I think this is the best work that I've ever produced! Truly, truly, truly, I love absolutely everything about this page. I may just have to try and scraplift myself!! Making these pages for my friend has also brought me such joy - it makes me happy to be able to create for others.

Thanks for popping by and checking out my page today!

No comments: