Wednesday, November 1, 2017

#DIVINE - Color, Stories, Inspiration Case #241

It's November 1st and that means that a new case is open over at CSI : Color, Stories Inspiration!!!

Here's the newest case that's ready for you to solve :



Aren't these colours absolutely gorgeous?? I love them all AND I love the inspiration photo as well!! Here's what I made with it :


It took me a long time to get this page done - weeks, in fact. These past few months have been quite hard for me; more then I ever expected. I wasn't expecting the sudden loss of my Dad to affect every facet of my life but it has. Most definitely it's affected how creative I have been able to be. I'm starting to come out on the other side a bit now, and am finding more joy in creating again.

I found this quote on Pinterest, and really felt it suited me right where I am right now - taking time to learn about who I am and deepening my understanding of God and His plan for my life. It feels good.

Here's how I solved the case.

COLOURS AND SKETCH

All of the colours are there, however, it might be a bit hard to see the grey. It's quite subtle, and it's in the patterned paper that's under the floral pattern. I liked the sketch, and modified it just a little bit.

EVIDENCE

Leaves
Animals - bird
Hearts
Wood
White rub-ons I used a white sticker instead, under my 'love this' circle
Chevron Arrows - the layout background paper is a 12x12 diecut
Vellum - rolled polka dot, under the photos
Something fuzzy - the pom pom trim

TESTIMONY

I used the word "outside" as the inspiration for this page

Journaling

The quote I used is a follows :


Here's some closeups of my page :

This is my little embellishment cluster on the left hand side of the page. Some of those things there (like the little silver tag) I've had in my stash for ages. I'm happy to be able to use these things in a meaningful way.


This photo is showing my title work. I had a hard time figuring out how to get those wooden letters to stick. In the end, I stuck them to a piece of double sided tape, and then gorilla-glued the ends to the vellum. Needless to say, I don't think they're going anywhere!


This photo is showing the little circle die cut. I inked it red and added a small kraft heart to it. I also attached my wood bird here as well. Just under it you can kind of see my little white swirly sticker.


These last two photos I took while hanging the page outside of my home. I wanted to be able to show you that the background paper is a 12x12 diecut, and that there's no white in the background at all. I do enjoy using these kinds of papers but they are really hard to photograph.



Thanks for popping by and checking out my page today!


3 comments:

Karen said...

Such a beautiful quote- inspiring words. Sorry for your loss. I'm glad you are feeling creative again, God bless you!

Nina said...

I love that quote, too. It´s beautiful. I also love the small cluster with the brown leaf. So pretty.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Oh, wow! I love that background with no paper behind it. So cool! As always, your details are exquisite and just perfect, and how beautiful is that quote.